Mr. Anderson is a business lawyer whose primary focus is on resolving business disputes. He has represented large and small businesses, as well as individuals, bringing and defending against claims for breach of contract, business torts, fraud and misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, unjust enrichment, and in the context of employment disputes. His clients work in a wide variety of industries, including commercial property management and development, construction, insurance, banking (borrowers and lenders), business equipment sales and service, information technology, health care, and legal services. He has won jury trials and appeals in such diverse areas as accountant malpractice, securities fraud, antitrust, contract and partnership disputes, employment, and construction.
He is a General Mediation Neutral registered with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution, and he works often in mediation and arbitration, as a neutral and as an advocate. He has served as Special Master to the Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia.
Upon his graduation from law school, Mr. Anderson clerked for The Honorable James C. Hill of the Fifth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals.
Prior to law school and after graduating from college, Mr. Anderson worked as a Corrections Officer for two years at the State Prison, Trenton, New Jersey.
A former lacrosse player, he was captain of his college team and was honored as a member of USILA and conference All-Star teams. He continues to be active in youth sports. He is married and has two sons.
- Successfully negotiated a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a general contractor in a contract dispute with a school board and its agents, after nearly five years of litigation.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of a contractor in a dispute arising from the construction of a biopharmaceutical plant in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Negotiated favorable resolution on behalf of borrowers and guarantors of a multi-million dollar debt dispute involving derivative financing with a national bank.
- Successfully represented an insurance company against a claim arising from the liquidation of another insurance company.
- Successfully negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of minority partners of a cellular telephone partnership.
- Lead counsel successfully representing national banks in two jury trials involving issues of accounting negligence, one of which was appealed to the Supreme Court of North Carolina
- Successfully defended national securities firm and clearing house against claims brought by local brokers.
- Successfully defended at trial an individual accused of insurance premium fraud.
- Worked extensively on successful lawsuits alleging antitrust violations by residential real estate multiple listing services in Georgia.
Mr. Anderson is an AV Preeminent lawyer, the highest rating issued by the LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell sponsored peer review.
Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1980
- Editor-in-Chief, Emory Law Journal, 1979 – 1980
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Emory University, 1989 – 1999
- Articles Editor, The Georgia Journal of Southern Legal History, 1989
Haverford College, Bachelor of Arts with Honors, 1975
State of Georgia, 1980
Supreme Court of Georgia, 1981
Georgia Court of Appeals, 1981
Fulton County, Georgia Superior Court 1980
Supreme Court of the United States, 1990
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1981
United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 1981
United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1992
United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 1981
United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia, 1998
United States Tax Court, 1987
United States Court of Federal Claims, 1997